Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Earth should've spun out of it's axis by now...

So today, for the first time since I can literally remember (OK, it's actually only been since the beginning of summer, but whatevs) Greg spoke to me. Well, ACTUALLY, this is how it happened:
It's Sunday evening. Me and Hannah have just been to see the first of 2 films that day (Knight and Day) and are a little giddy over Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise never fails to be humorous to us because he played Lestat in IWTV. Whatever, that's unimportant. We decide to go have dinner inbetween the first and second film (Avatar: The Last Airbender). So, we're sitting in Bella Italia and slagging off Italians and Hannah's ex Eurogenie - not his real name - to no end, when I mention seeing a youtube video of Avenged Sevenfold's new tour. It looks pretty fantastic, let's just say that. I whip out my blackberry and begin to paw through my facebook to find when Greg (my ex) and Sam Birch (someone unimportant) mentioned where a7x were playing in October. I type 'Greg blablabla' into the search box and hit enter. A few seconds later the page has loaded, and as I'm laughing at something Hannah has just said, I look down in horror to reveal that I DIDN'T search Greg's name, I had indeed updated my status with it. So then, in a flurry of panic I texted Becky, screaming (metaphorically) "OH MY GOD I HAVE JUST UPDATED MY STATUS AS GREG'S NAME. EMERGENCY. ARE YOU NEAR A COMPUTER OR AT HOME? BECKY SIGN INTO MY ACCOUNT AND DELETE IT."
Now, you're probably wondering why I didn't just delete it myself. On my old phone, the facebook app didn't allow you to delete statuses whilst on the phone. I didn't even think to check, but after Becky took longer than 10 seconds to reply I took matters in my own hands. Thankfully I deleted the status after only 2/3 minutes. However, there was a lot of screaming and laughter from mine and Hannah's table at that point. Oh God, it was terrible. The moral of the story? Never trust your facebook app again.
ANYWAY. Yes. After THAT happened, the next thing I know is yesterday, after leaving my MSN on for about an hour and a half whilst I watched TV, Greg had indeed tried to talk to me. I was shocked and slightly disappointed that he was already offline. But another question came to mind, was he only trying to talk to me because he saw the status the night before? Impossible, right? Greg's hardly ever online. For him to have been on at that time...well. Fate would just be working against me.
I still don't know whether he saw it or not. I guess it's unimportant. But the good news is me and Greg DID talk today, via facebook messages for the whole day. Nothing interesting going on his life which is a relief considering how boring mine is. It's also a relief to see he isn't having any kind of summer romance (God forbid). So yes.
Also, after I sent the first message, which only consisted of one line, "Sorry about earlier, I wasn't ignoring you, I just wasn't here :)", I somehow got it into my head, 'If he replies with :P on the end then that'd be flirting. That's what I'd do if I was flirting, I think.' But it really was just a inner monologue thing. I don't even know why I thought it.
So what did he reply with? "Don't worry, I thought that's what had happened :P"
I practically died.

But don't threat, I know he wasn't ACTUALLY flirting. I know he doesn't like or love me anymore. It was all in good fun.
Yet...I can't help hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment